At the weekend I finished the crochet granny blanket I was making. I loved making this. I loved the colours and I found it so relaxing working round after round. I honestly didn't want it to end, as I had so much enjoyment just from working on it each day. When I was sewing the ends in at the weekend, I was a little worried it may have been too small but anyway it is now all finished and blocked and I think the size is just right. I am really pretty pleased with it...
I felt the blanket needed a border so I worked a round of double crochet in each colour and then made a pretty picot edging. I used the pattern for the edging of the Flower Cot Blanket in this gorgeous book.
Here is a little note of the yarn I used:
- Sirdar Hayfield Bonus DK 4 x 100g in Cream (shade 812)
- Stylecraft Special DK 1 x 100g in Apricot (shade 1026)
- Stylecraft Special DK 1 x 100g in Clematis (shade 1390)
- Stylecraft Special DK 1 x 100g in Lemon (shade 1020)
- Stylecraft Special DK 1 x 100g in Sherbet (shade 1034)
- Stylecraft Special DK 1 x 100g in Fondant (shade 1241)
- Stylecraft Special DK 1 x 100g in Spring Green (shade 1316)
I am so so happy with my new blanket! I just need to get the cushion finished to match now! Miss M has now requested a blanket for her bed and I am more than happy to oblige... I feel a little yarn purchase may be made very soon!